Did you know that Meditation has several physical benefits ? If you meditate daily you will find physical changes in your body . You will be healthier , your mind will be sharper and immune system will be stronger.
“Meditation can turn fools into sages but unfortunately fools never mediate.”~ SWAMI VIVEKANANDA
So interesting how the brain works and it is amazing to see how science and spirituality are not far from each other.
The brain wave spectrum divides into 5 bands with different associated states :
Frequency limit :1/2 to 4 Hz ; Deep unconscious , intution and insight
Frequency limit : 4 – 8 Hz ; Subconscious creativity , deep relaxation
Frequency limit : 8 – 13 Hz ; “Spacey” and dreamy state , receptive and passive
Frequency limit : 13 – 30 Hz ; Conscious thought , external focus
Frequency limit : 30 – 100 Hz ; Not well understood, but linked to perception and alertness or anxiety
During successful meditation , the subject typically starts off with high beta(thinking), then experiences more alpha , followed by more theta and finally delta , the deepest level .
After some time , the reverse process takes place , bringing the person back to beta feeling awake and refreshed, sometimes with new insights.
- Increases gray matter
- Cultivates will power
- Builds focus & concentration
- Reduces depression
- Physically changes the brain
- Eases stress & anxiety
- Helps sleep
- Reduces lonliness
- Builds self-knowledge
- Increases compassion
- Decreases pain
- Boosts immune system & many more….
- Set a timer for five minutes to start .(You have one in your smart-phone)
- Sit with your spine erect (straight). Posture is important.
- Notice & then concentrate on your breath as best as you can.
- Your mind will go crazy. It dosen’t like this (that’s your ego)
- Notice your mind going crazy, then return to your breath.
- Your mind will go crazy again.
- Again return to your breath.
- It’s all about returning to your breath.
Meditation means the mind is turned back upon itself.
The mind stops all the thought-waves and the world stops.
Your consciousness expands.~ SWAMI VIVEKANANDA
Here is the youtube video link on this post :https://youtu.be/9dWWkmvx6FI
THANK YOU EVERYONE ! See you soon with next post !! Stay tuned ! Do follow science stereo for more updates..